Having Pets at Home?
Confused about to get their urine and smell out from your upholstery, we’ll help you solve out the problem.
Some of the Facts as Stated by Professional Upholstery Cleaning:
- Pet urine damages the fibres of the upholstery.
- Its smell blocks the nasal passage and creates an unhealthy environment.
- Urine stains if tried to be removed forcefully can damage the upholstery.
- Urine stains if left as it is also can damage the upholstery.
Methods to Remove Pet Urine from Upholstery
Best Professional Upholstery Cleaning states that there are two types of urine stains – fresh and stringent, look how they can be removed:
For Fresh Urine Stains:
- Blot excess urine with a microfiber cloth, avoid pressing it hard as it may spread the spot.
- Use a minor dishwashing detergent and mix with water to remove the spot.
- Use vinegar to break down the spotted area, wash with normal water and blot.
- Fresh urine stains can also be vacuumed easily, it also gives great results.
For Old Urine Stains:
- Make a mixture of 3% H2O2 with baking soda and dishwasher detergent. Pre-test on a part and then proceed to treat the stain with it.
- Use oxygen activated enzyme cleaner to remove the stain.
Methods to Remove the Smell Of Urine from Upholstery
Capital Cleaning Canberra states that if urine is not cleaned properly, its smell can linger around the house. The best way to get rid of odours is to attack the stains directly. If somehow smell remains, treat them as follows:
- Use baking soda to eliminate odour. Sprinkle some on the affected area and let it sit overnight. Baking soda being basic in nature neutralizes the acidity of urine, sweep next day as usual.
- Hydrogen peroxide is also great, pour some on the spot, and add a few drops of ammonia. Hydrogen peroxide disinfects the area and neutralizes it.
- Local Upholstery Cleaning in Canberra states that steam cleaning also does great in neutralizing the odour. The method also helps to get rid of urine salts and stains easily. Rent steam cleaner and proceed to get rid of stains and odour.
- If the smell still persists, keep the upholstery in sun for a short period. Sun effectively kills the odour causing bacteria effectively.
Call the professionals if pet urine and odour does not get treated by the above methods.