You might at some point need to learn how to remove pee from the couch if you have dogs or young children. Accidents do occur, and not necessarily in the best of places. The couch is not the best location to urinate since the upholstery may absorb the urine, making it even more difficult to clean up. The quicker you get in touch with professional couch cleaning Canberra to address this problem, the easier it will be to get the urine scent off the couch.
In most situations, cleaning up that urine and, more importantly, getting rid of the stench, is not too difficult. In short, there is no need to discard the couch and get a new one. Read on to know the easiest methods to get rid of that urine smell on the couch.
Check The Instructions
It’s crucial that you read the care label on your couch and comprehend the instructions before you begin. The best way to remove urine from a couch varies slightly depending on the type of fibre. Each of these materials—leather, microfibre, cotton, polyester, and vinyl—needs a particular kind of cleaning. Look for a tag on each fabric of the sofa. The upholstery might be machine washable in some circumstances. In that case, wash them as directed on the tag.
Process Of Removing Urine Smell
- Remove all of the couch cushions and any other removable fabric.
- Place the cushions in a washing machine and wash them in the hottest setting possible.
- Sprinkle baking soda liberally over the bare couch frame, focusing on any areas where the urine odour seems strongest. You can also place baking soda directly on your couch and let it sit for about 24 hours. This will neutralize the ammonia released by the stench. Afterward, scrub it with a brush or sponge and then rinse it with clean water to get rid of the residue.
- The urine stain should be vacuumed to remove all of the powdery residues.
- The final product will be clean, odour-free, and healthful sofa areas. You no longer have to leave the house with a couch covered in discoloured pee.
If all your efforts fail, you may need to call in a professional carpet cleaning services Canberra to help ward off the smell.
Other Methods For Urine Smell Removal
Another option would be to spray deodorizer onto your couch. Some of these sprays even work well at removing odours from furnishings as well. Again, make sure to read the instructions first.
Vinegar is another solution to eliminating the urine smell from your couch. Mix one-part white vinegar with one part water and apply it to the stained area and leave it for 48 hours. Scrub it afterward with a sponge. Leave it to dry thoroughly. The urine smell will disappear, once it is completely dried.
Lemon juice is another great alternative for getting rid of the smell. Simply mix lemon juice with water and apply it to your couch. Keep it on for about 30 minutes and then scrub it with a brush.
A steam cleaner can be used for deep cleaning, however, maintain caution when using a steam cleaner because the heat from the device may permanently leave pee stains on the couch and carpet.
It’s crucial to remove the smell as soon as you can. The longer it is there, the more difficult it will be to get rid of it. At Capital Cleaning Canberra our experts employ top-notch carpet cleaning Canberra techniques to get rid of urine smell in the quickest way possible.